Wet weather line:
[updated by 7:30am on any competition day]
Last updated: 24 October, 2020
Next Competition Day
31 Oct 2020
No BBQ or canteen
All Saturdays start with warm up at 8:20am followed by 8:30am start unless you're a senior competing in an earlier event
NOTE: Assume competition is ON unless the wet weather line says differently. The wet weather line will be updated by 7:30am on any competition day following a ground inspection. We will only place messages if competition is cancelled.
Katoomba Little Athletics will be implementing a range of COVID-19 related practices for the coming season starting in October.
These restrictions will be consistent with the Centre's COVID-19 plan that has been approved by Little Athletics NSW and will be a condition of our ability to run Little Athletics this coming season.
Elements of our COVID-19 plan are:
- Restricting the number of people who will be allowed to attend Little Athletics at Pitt Park to less than 500 at any one time. This includes, athletes, parents/carers, officials etc.
- Adopting a single entry point to Pitt Park to allow us to account for the number of people present.
- Requiring all athletes, parents, carers, officials and visitors to sign and out of Pitt Park via a QR code each competition day prior to joining activities
- Once signed in, all people (athletes, parents, officials) will be provided with a coloured wrist band for the day. It must be worn while on Pitt Park. People wihtout a wristband will be asked to sign in or leave Pitt Park immediately.
- Restricting the number of parent/carers able to be at Pitt Park to one parent/carer per athlete
- Asking that anyone who is unwell in any way or is showing any signs of COVID, excludes themselves, remains at home and does not attend Little Athletics
- Asking that anyone who has come into contact with a person with confirmed or suspected COVID in the past 14 days, remains at home and away from Little Athletics
- Asking anyone who has visited any specifically identified locations, which may vary from tiem to time, to remain away from Little Athletics
- Providing hand sanitiser to the point of entry and at all activity locations
- Wiping down all equipment between age groups
- Restricting the number of people who can concurrently be in toilet facilities to manage the 4 square metres per person
- Enforcing social distancing across Pitt Park where practical
- Having roving COVID marshals at all competition days to monitor behaviour and practices
- Asking anyone who does not comply with the above actions or directions of a COVID marshal to leave Pitt Park during Little Athletics.
Additionally, we will NOT be operating a BBQ or canteen for the first 3 weeks of competition this season until the COVID procedures are bedded down.
Uniform is available for purchase as usual. However, we cannot allow the trying on of apparel.
We thank you for your support with implementing these intiatives so that we can provide a safe environment for all athletes, parents and officials that enables our athletes to get out in some fresh air and have a great time at atgletics.